Saturday, April 30, 2011

CAN You Stand It? UPCYCLE FEVER

*Can Clippies*

I am trying to get prepared for an upcycle fashion class that I am teaching at The Santa Catalina School this Summer. I started goofing around with objects in my recycling bin and came up with this lovely little diddy! My 13 year old daughter was oohing and ahhhing over these cute can clips. There are going to be a great project from my students and they are guarateed to turn heads with these clippies!! For this project I used my old SIZZIX instead of attempting it on my Silhouette or KNK. Since the KNK can cut metal, I will be giving it a try soon! If you use your Silhouette for cutting aluminum do so at your own risk. I don't believe that it will have enough pressure to cut through it and it could damage your machine. If you don't have access to a cutter, just use a pair of tin snips or sharp scissors t get your shapes. I created the tutorial below just in case anyone else wants to give it a whirl! A few notes, there can be sharp edges so use caution (once cut and embossed the aluminum really isn't sharp at all, but if you have a stray little piece of metal on the edge, it can smart!! Try using various colors of cans. I came up with some great results with what I had lying around. Please comment below and let me know how your projects turned out!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own slideshow design

No comments: