Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cupcake Birthday Card

I have been wanting to try an easel card for awhile and my little sister's birthday was the perfect opportunity! I designed the easel matt myself and once I tried a few different layouts, I finally got it to work well. I then added the card front. The cupcake came from Lettering Delights doodlebat set Hello Cupcake. I used it to create a cut file in Silhouette Studio. I then used Mon Cherie and Buttercream to make the HAPPY BIRTHDAY saying. I cut these out of vinyl and attached them to  piece of acetate that I glued to the back of the card front. I popped up her name (also Buttercream) and some paper rickrac to set off the base. A little bit of chalk and a little bit of glitter and that's all she wrote! I will be adding the easel file in the next few days. Check back and download it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this card. I can't wait for you to add the template! I have lots of birthdays coming up myself so I am always looking for new card ideas.