Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Card Factory Running at Full Tilt!

I am just about OVER birthday cards. Every year I tell my self that I will make a few a month so that when April and May hit I am ready. Good intentions...but not reality! So between carpool, housework, and dishes, I got four more finished today. Here is a quick run down:
Julie's Peacock Princess
I LOVE THIS CARD! I usually go whimsical and leave the "elegant" for someone else, but I have really been wanting to use this design. The peacock came from Lettering Delights Denim Frills graphic set (link in sidebar). I created a cut file for my Silhouette and got to cutting. I backed the peacock with a square of acetate so that it appear that this delicate piece is supporting the whole card. I have been having a lot of fun with acetate lately (if you can't tell!). I actually didn't use annnnnyyyyy GLITTER today! It was really quite miraculous. I did however pull out the Swarovski crystals. The Moraccan design in the background was purchased from Silhouette Design Studio. This is sure to get RAVES!
Next UP: A Little Russ of Sophistication!

This little card is for my brother Russ. I went with a simple stair step card with some fun embellishments. I actually used the inside pieces of the Moraccan cut-out (see card above) to create the pattern on the front of the card. The monogram is LD Whale Tail (one of my favs) and the name RUSS is sketched using LD Cotton Candy font. To create a sketch file I simply opened up a new document in Silhouette Studio and typed in the words using the font that I wanted. I then went to OFFSET and did an internal offset. I sketched the outer line using a rust color glitter gel pen and the internal offset using glitter black. I purchased the gel pens and gel pen holders from AMY CHOMAS. If you head over there, be sure to tell her that I sent you! You can download my free Stair Step Card Template here or check the sidebar.
Arrow Stair Step Card:


This birthday card is for my brother James. This is a center panel stair step card (download for free) This card is even cuter in person. I adapted my original center panel stair step template to make way for the "J." This step to for freakin' ever. It is probably the last time I will do it as it would've been just as cute the simple way! I used LD Enquirer font for the monogram. The sketch letters were purchased from Silhouette Studio. All of the arrows were cut using the most amazing invention known to mankind- scissors! I just wanted them random and I was able to do it in the carpool lane so it worked perfectly!!
LASTLY: Magnet Birthday Card



My brother-in-law made a request this year, so here it is. It is actually VERY simple for me and I felt kind of guilty, but this is what he wanted!! The frame set was purchased from Silhouette Design Studio and the font is LD Whale Tail. For the magnet I used a sheet that I purchased at Beverly's Crafts. I chose not to use the Silhouette magnet material as it is too thin for me. Because of the weight of the magnet though, I had to haul out my KNK to cut this part. In the end it came out pretty cute! The second photo shows the card panel that I put the magnet on so that we could write a note!

1 comment:

Bee's hive said...

I bow to your amazing talent! Thank you for sharing your creations! You freaking rock!