Monday, April 11, 2011

Parrot Thanks

As many of you know I have been back in school for the last year. After teaching in the private schools for many years I decided to go back and complete my credential. It has been a wonderful year and I owe a debt of gratitude to my faculty advisor. So I decided that he needed a very special card. This card was created using the Pucker Up SVG set by Lettering Delights (see the sidebar for the link). With the Dollar Sale going on, I have been adding to my collection of amazing graphics, fonts, and SVGs. I don't own a Cricut, so the I have to convert the SVGs to another file format. This is my only complaint with these sets. They are lovely, but it is annoying that I have to manipulate the files before I can send them to my cutter. I am hoping that LD will eventually offer these graphics in other cuttable formats (especially since Provo Craft is making it impossible for people to use second party designs on their machines!) Anyhoo... I used Klic N Kut Studio to weld the word and create the card base. I used a combination of inking, chalking, and glittering to enhance the design. It is hard to tell from the photo, but I also used dimensional dots (homemade glue dots!) to raise certain parts of the card including the wing and the word. The eye also came out super cool. It is actually 4 layers of cardstock stacked and adhered together to create a faux chipboard. All of this to say... I LOVE THIS CARD!

No comments: