Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another Day of Birthday Cards

Well, to say that I am "Birthday-ed Out" is an understatement. I finished two more last night and still have 6 more to make and mail this week. The only thing that I can figure is that my family members spend much of August indoors!! So, one of the cards that was at the top of my list was my step-dads. This is the FIRST card that I made for him.
When I started this card I thought O.K. I will put some flags on it and make a simple dude card. (FYI: LD Whale Tail and Typeset fonts). I am not sure what happened in the process. While I love the way it came out, unless your step-dad is Liberace, it is not going to work. I have a glitter addiction that I struggle to keep under control. Obviously, I need a recovery program! This card is now for my sister Julie.
So, after my Liberace moment I went in the opposite direction and went for a laugh. I made this card using the Eat, Drink, and Be Hairy set from Lettering Delights. The card came out perfect and I am sure my very hairy step-dad will love it! (yes, I did sneak some glitter on it....I couldn't resist.)

No comments: