Sunday, January 14, 2007

Who is Shelly?

Well, here is the low down on me. I am a happily married mother of three. I have been a professional decorative artist for 10+ years. My expertise is in decorative plasters and mural art, but I do it all quite well.

I have been knitting and sewing since I was 6. I tend to be a free thinker when it comes to my needle projects. I sketch out designs and then put them together. I rarely use a pattern and if I do, I don't typically follow it to a T. I love playing with color and texture and am always a little sad when I finish a project. For me, it is as much about the creative process as it is about the final product.

I tend to be a fiber whore. If I like it, I buy it even if it means that I skip the Ben & Jerry's this week. I have enough yarn to supply an given store and am convinced that I will use it all some day. As you might have already guessed, I am a creative fiend. I always have multiple projects on the needles (knitting, sewing, and otherwise) and dozens dancing in my dreams.

As I complete projects, I will be posting the pictures. Until then, take a look at my website at http://www.shellycreates.com/

No comments: