Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Delainee's Pink Hat

My niece was visiting this weekend and I couldn't resist making her something to take home. I hooked this hat for her, without a pattern, in about 2 hours. It is made of baby chenille and is so soft and sweet. She loves it and insisted on wearing it to bed. She asked me if I was making her socks, so there is another thing to add to my to do list. They are not nearly as quick as this little hat, but I will get them done.

Because I didn't use a pattern and no longer have the hat, I don't really have a pattern to post, but I can tell you that it is just a simple combination of hdc and fpdc. I had 5 fpdc going around the hat and increased between them until it was the right diameter and then did a few rows without increases and actually decreased a few stitches in the front where the brim would go so that it would fit her head nicely. I then tripled my yarn for the brim and placed it so that it would be centered across her forehead. She was here so I just tried it on her until I figured it out. It only took three rows of hdc, using two chains and decreasing by two on the edge to make it look right.

As you can surely tell, I am not a hooker, but a knitter, so this description is a bit out of wack. If you have questions, just email me and I will see if I can clarify.

No comments: